Welcome to Acorn Forest Schools
Acorn have been providing forest schools and outdoor learning opportunities to local nurseries, schools and holiday clubs for over 7 years. We operate in Milton Keynes, Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire and are dedicated to providing children with quality outdoor experiences that support their holistic development.
What Is Forest School?
Forest Schools is an exciting educational experience for children held in a woodland setting, offering an innovative approach to outdoor play and learning. Forest Schools is guided by the following principles:
- Principle 1: Forest School is a long-term process of frequent and regular sessions in a woodland or natural environment, rather than a one-off visit. Planning, adaptation, observations and reviewing are integral elements of Forest School.
- Principle 2: Forest School takes place in a woodland or natural wooded environment to support the development of a relationship between the learner and the natural world.
- Principle 3: Forest School aims to promote the holistic development of all those involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners
- Principle 4: Forest School offers learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and to themselves.
- Principle 5. Forest School is run by qualified Forest School practitioners who continuously maintain and develop their professional practice.
- Principle 6. Forest School uses a range of learner-centred processes to create a community for development and learning